Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dog Dao

In this blog, I will post my thoughts on modern society, philosophy, and other subjects which interest me. My perspective will be that of "half-cynic, half Taoist" - as these days I identify most readily with the perspectives of Diogenes, Lao-Tzu, and Chuang-Tzu.

This blog will not contain slick, calculated posts designed to appeal to "today's sophisticated reader" or anything of that nature. It will primarily be my unfiltered thoughts as they occur to me, often without a lot of context or explanatory material.

If you are interested in perspectives which question and sometimes outright oppose many of the most firmly-established conventions of modern society, you will probably like this blog. If you like things the way they are, you will probably have better luck elsewhere.

I do not intend to argue extensively on this blog. Comments will be moderated by me and abusive remarks will be deleted. If you oppose my perspectives, make sure to discuss your objections rationally and respectfully. Do not attempt to troll me.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you find something worthwhile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment